One of the biggest environmental factors for skin disease is stress. This is especially true for inflammatory skin diseases that have flares, like psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, and even certain types of hair loss. Other factors, like diet, can play a role in skin disease, but it really depends on the specific condition.
1. For acne, the greatest environmental factors are diet and stress. There is significant data to show that high-sugar diets, dairy, and whey may influence or exacerbate acne
2. For aging skin, research shows that a diet rich in green leafy vegetables and fish is associated with younger-looking skin. Diets high in vitamin C and linoleic acid are also associated with younger-looking skin. On the other hand, diets high in saturated fat and sugar are associated with older-looking skin.
The best advice on handling pre-wedding breakouts ten, five, and two days before the wedding as well as on the big day itself are
1. Don’t touch your face often. Visit your dermatologist
2. Apply heat -Apply warm (not hot!) compresses at regular intervals throughout the day, in order to help open up your pores and bring the blemish to a head (which means to draw the pimple closer to the skin’s surface). Once at a head, resist the urge to pop it and spot-treat the area instead.
3. Streamline product usage- Avoid adding new products to your skincare routine since there isn’t enough time for your skin to adjust.
1. A medical-grade facial is a skin treatment that offers longer-lasting results because it can penetrate below the epidermis or top layer of skin, to encourage healthy skin that can regenerate naturally.
2. There are many targeted procedures that can treat skin problems or concerns.
3. With a medical-grade facial, you will have access to more powerful concentrations and tools to get the best results.
4. Some of the revitalizing features of this type of facial are more prolonged tightness, and brightness as well as smoothing and lifting the skin.
Written By: Dr. Jaya Pathak, Chief of Dermatology and Operations at Potenza Wellness