Navratri Special Recipe Kacche Kele Aur Varai ‘Sama’ Ki Tikki
Navratri is a festive time for indulgence in delicious food, with Kacche Kele Aur Varai 'Sama' Ki Tikki being a special recipe made with raw bananas and barnyard millet flour. Chef Ashutosh Balodhi, The Dukes Retreat, Lonavala, shares his special recipe here.
Navratri Special: Chef Ashutosh Balodhi, The Dukes Retreat, Lonavala, says, “Navratri is a special time of year, and I love cooking Navratri recipes to celebrate. These recipes are all made with sattvic ingredients, which are said to be pure and good for the body and soul. Some of my favourite Navratri recipes include sabudana khichdi, kuttu ki puri, and aloo ki sabzi. These recipes are all delicious and nutritious and are perfect for sharing with family and friends.”
Kacche Kele Aur Varai (Sama) Ki Tikki
- Raw banana, 400 g
- Varai- 40gm
- Boiled Grated Potato, 100g
- Peanut- 20gm
- Amchur powder, 4 g
- Green chilli: 2 nos.
- Oil for frying
- Salt (Rock salt): To taste
- Curd- 120gm
- Sugar- 20gm
- Crushed Peanut-10gm
- Grated Cucumber- 15gm
- Boil a raw banana for 1012 minutes with the skin until it becomes soft. Let them cool, peel, and then grate.
- Roast peanuts, remove skin, and grind into a coarse mixture.
- Add boiled grated potato, chopped green chilli, crushed peanut, salt, and amchur powder.
- Mix well and divide into equal portions.
- Flatten them into palms and wrap them with Varai.
- Fry in medium heat till becomes crisp and served with sauce.
- Mix well the curd, sugar, peanuts, and grated cucumber.
- Preparation time: 2025 minutes
- Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Chef Ashutosh Balodhi, The Dukes Retreat, Lonavala